Saturday, November 12, 2011

purple forever



At age seven, there is no way I can knit something for Sadie without her choosing the wool. So on a recent trip to Knitomatic, she spied a VERY BRIGHT purple Cascade Luna cotton yarn that she fell in love with (after I had shared my blasphemous opinion of not liking Cascade, no less). I had lots of other options at home and I'm pretty sure we were there for some other reason, but she was just smitten. And she's a clever girl who knows my weakness: I am easily convinced to purchase wool.

We had already picked a hat pattern for her - Little Pip's Acorn Cap by Kyrie Mead (Ravelry link because I can't seem to get her personal link right now). It's a very fun pattern with bobbles and it suits a solid colour wool nicely. I had tried one for myself in tweed but the bobble pattern effect was completely lost. Sadie has been wearing hers non-stop even on our lovely warm fall days, and although I still had a slightly icky feeling while knitting it, Sadie tells me it's very soft on her forehead.

Score one for neon purple.

2 comments :

artis said... [Reply to comment]

love the bobble, she is so pretty, with the hat more so. However, it looks blue on my computer, not bright purple. Bright purple is adorable.
Hummm, she know your weakness...

gaia said... [Reply to comment]

Hi,
I have recently discovered your blog and love it though I was not a knitting fan. I have started knitting and this time- to my surprise- I am really enjoying it! So, I would like to thank you for your patterns...