Friday, October 14, 2011

more for milo


Sadie has very distinct tastes these days, so sewing for Milo is much easier. Less to think about and the only pattern I ever have to consider is stripes. In the last KCWC I made Milo a hoodie and I dress him in it every chance I get. Making another seemed like a no-brainer decision. I was totally inspired by this awesome jumper in the Flickr pool so I added some graphic lines to the sweatshirt body for fun (they aren't ribbon though, just scraps of the grey jersey). I used the same pattern as last time which was drafted from a raglan sleeved hand-me-down (thanks Jill!). It's roomy enough without looking too big so he should be able to wear it for quite a while.




I also finished up a t-shirt that has been sitting on my table half done since July. The hold-up was choosing the colour for the bands. I probably could have decided on the red in my sleep, but I think making decisions this summer was a particular weakness for me. The black striped fabric is the very last of a thrifted man's t-shirt which has made two other pairs of shorts and various bands for things. It's such a good way to buy knit fabric - $3 ended up making 3 garments for the kids.

And I want to thank everyone for their super kind words about Milo in my last post. He's generally a very funny little guy but that photo just captured an image of him that makes my heart melt. In a hilarious contrast, here is the full photo of the image above. I've cropped it for the KCWC purpose, but his rockstar hair is so him I just had share. Happy Friday!


5 comments :

lamb-things said... [Reply to comment]

My rockstar grandson, I love his hair and his shirt is great.

artis said... [Reply to comment]

Love is my fav word for u...
U totally inspire me girl

Kimberly said... [Reply to comment]

I love this! The sweatshirt is so ridiculously cool, and I think it's so fun that you added a photo of his rockstar hair - he's just a doll.

meg said... [Reply to comment]

that hair!! I thought you might have gotten the idea from that jumper. I think it came out super chic!

Trula said... [Reply to comment]

The stripe detail looks great.